Buildings in the She Museum, namely, an original dwelling of She from Fuan, Fujian province and a covered bridge from Jingning, Zhejiang province. They were removed to Beijing and restored as it was. The dwelling was built in 1766 and the covered bridge was built in 1696. She Museum is one of the class A cultural relics collected by Chinese Ethnic Museum.
This museum comprises traditional resident(family name of the owner of the house is Lei), Covered Bridge (Chatang Bridge) and oil extracting room. It is designed according to a village of She nationality. The vegetation and crops are arranged in accordance with local ecological environment.
The resident covers a ground area of 407 square meters with a building area of 672 square meters. Covered bridge is 72 meters long and 5 meters wide that cover a building area of 163 square meters. The museum cover a total ground area of 2,200 square meters with a building area of 849 square meters. Building work was started in 2002 and completed in June 2006. The museum was open to the public in 2006.
All the exhibits are life settings according to the traditional production and life of She people. They are collected from provinces of Fujian and Zhejiang and can be dated back to Qing Dynasty(1616-1911), about four hundred years history.
Location of She Museum: South Park