Russian Museum is exact replica of Russian traditional dwellings in Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Area. The building was built by ethnic artisan according to the national customs and traditional building technology. The building work was started in 2008 and opening to the public in August of the year.
Russian Museum is composed of 8 main rooms and 4 side rooms, which are dwellings made of wood log. The houses for two families are connected to form a courtyard. The vegetation was set according to local climate. The museum has construction area of 360 square meters and covers an ground area of 1,000 square meters.
Indoor and outdoor exhibits of Russian Museum were live settings of the Russian traditional production and lifestyle. All the exhibits were collected from Yili and other regions of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Area. The time span of the collection is ranging from the Qing Dynasty (1616-1911) to modern times. The large copper furnace, small copper furnaces and flower square plates displayed in the branch museum has about two hundred years of history.
Location of Russian Museum: North Park